Wednesday, October 29, 2014

studio calico november reveal

Studio Calico Walden kits have been revealed and they. are. awesome. This was a month I had too many ideas, too many cool products to play with and not enough time. Hashtag story of my life.
This one was the first I did and while I don't really love it, I like it okay. I spray painted the deer gold and cut the doily from the main kit into leaves.
This one...sigh. It's just super simple, but I like how the colors and layers all came together. That tree paper is my new fave. Again, main kit only. I am trying *reeeeeeeally* hard to no longer hoard any product. So while my old self would be all "don't use those cool word strips as a background layer!" my new self is like "where's the glue?.  I like the look.


These next three are a combo of all the add ons. This one is mainly with the Concord add on. There are hints of pink, but I kept them to a minimum. We were at an Avett Brothers concert so I added the tickets as a little embellishment. It's a kinda random mix of craziness, but I kept it all similar in color and then added a b/w photo which helps calm down the crazy.
This was mainly the Baker Bridge add on and can I just say...those vellum leaves! I've had this photo awhile and when I saw this sweet little poem and those leaves, I knew they were all meant for each other. The little leaf stamp from Concord was a perfect addition.
I had been wanting to make a washi tape tree for awhile and this tape in Pine Hill was the perfect opportunity. It's a pretty whimsical layout, which is the same feel to the photo used. I swear I'm part elf so scrapping christmas in October is fine by me!
There are still kits available as well as some great new stamp sets (think christmas & new years!). You can check all that out here. Now I'm off to clean my desk and get ready for December's kits. Can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read and appreciate every one.