Saturday, November 29, 2014

Studio Calico Park Ave. reveal!

Ahhh, December. You are always such a pretty month.
Studio Calico December kits were revealed while I was out of town stuffing my face with turkey, but I wanted to share what I created with the Park Ave. kits this month!
These first two are main kit only.  I like the fact that these two very different layouts came from the same kit. I think it shows that you can mix & match and create the look you are going for. I'm not a huge purple/pink fan, but I had this photo, which happened to have both those colors in it. So it works! I cut up all the great graphic paper to use as a burst, similar to the lights on the stage. The title is cut with an exacto knife and raised with dimensional foam. Transparency pieces back the title. 
This one is true, blue December to me. Those diamond shapes were great, but I didn't want to use them as diamonds. So I cut them up as triangle trees. I also split apart the wood veneer arrows in the kit to make real wood tree trunks. Because I am weird like that. And apparently in my world snow falls down as mint hint and emerald city
These next three are mixes of almost every kit. Just one big December kit party! This one was mainly the Ritz add on and not me in the sense that it uses ALL THE FLOWERS, but so me in that it does it in a boho-ish way...? I don't know what that means. I just liked it all thrown together. The journaling is a quote from pinterest. 
This boy and his books. I love it. I went watercolor crazy and used mainly the Helmsley add on. Lots of blues and greens. I liked using the crazy alpha explosion to reiterate the reading theme. 
Last, but not least, a snow layout. because it's the december kit and you have to do a snow layout! Not really, but snow layouts are some of my favorite. I went crazy horizontal with this. I tend to do that from time to time for no good reason other than to mix it up a bit. I added some snow (paint) to the alpha and let me tell you...that stamp set in Waldorf caught me by surprise. I am not usually a cute animal type stamper, but these were COOL animals and I couldn't stop stamping that bear. And then I gave him a scarf and gagged over the cuteness! Too much! 

And finally, this was my last kit as a Creative Team member for Studio Calico. (I have a separate post on that tomorrow, but also posted on the message board here.) I chose not to apply for the 2015 team.  It was a hard year personally, but a great year being a part of such a kind, creative, innovative team. I wish the upcoming CT all the best! 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read and appreciate every one.